What is Google Analytics? Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that Google offers for free. It’s an enterprise-class solution. Google Analytics provides detailed statistics on website visitors and traffic. It is a great tool for capturing new business leads. It is easy to set up and it only takes minutes.
The intuitive interface allows you to quickly access all data and provides easy access to all information. Google Analytics tracks how visitors found your website, including keywords searched from search engines. It also records which websites linked to you referred them to you. Google Analytics lets you track the effectiveness and efficiency of your marketing programs, email marketing campaigns, pay per click networks, paid organic search, as well as which websites referred visitors to you.
It can also be integrated with Google AdWords. Google AdWords will display a business ad on Google search results pages or their advertising network. This is a pay-per-click basis. That means that you pay Google only if people click on your ads leading to your website.
Google Analytics can be used in conjunction with Google AdWords to optimize your online marketing campaigns. It tracks the quality of your landing pages and sets conversion goals. It allows you to determine which ads perform well and which ones aren’t. This information can be used to select the appropriate keywords for AdWords campaigns or minimize them.
Here are 10 key features of Google Analytics.
- It lets you compare the performance of your website over two time periods. You can also chart the data instantly to gain a better understanding of your site. It displays the site’s performance based on country, area or city metrics.
- It provides basic analytics features such as search results metrics and referring sites. However, you can also get statistics from Google Analytics on not just the number of visitors that a link partner sends but also the quality of that traffic.
- Once your business goals (for example, sales and marketing) are set up in Google Analytics, you can determine and control large amounts of data regarding what is working and what isn’t in your marketing strategy.
- Google Analytics allows AdWords integration. It provides data for each keyword, group, and campaign. You can view each area and see how many displays, clicks, cost, conversion, and so forth.
- This allows you to modify the rich features of your Google Analytics dashboard. Simply click the “Add to Dashboard” link to move the most frequently used reports to your dashboard.
- It dashboard allows you to set up and send recurring emails to yourself and other recipients in your business using multiple formats.
- It displays the popularity and effectiveness for each link on every page. These powerful, graphical reports show the effectiveness of your website design in a visual model.
- It’s summary report on naviGAtion shows you where users go to get to your contact page. You may need to fix some issues on your page if people don’t follow your preferred naviGAtion.
- It shows you which search keywords people use to find your website. You might consider catering Google AdWords keywords content and offers to certain keywords if they are hot. This will tell you how customers found you.
- This metric shows which search engines send the most traffic to your site and how it converts into sales. This information will allow you to optimize your marketing and SEO efforts.
Google Analytics has many other features. It includes a “Report Locator” that allows you to search for archived reports. It also shows data about your connection speed, bounce rate, and site design. To start using It navigate to http://www.google.com/analytics/ You can either register using your existing Google account, for example, if you already have a Gmail account or sign up for a new one. It is an excellent, feature-rich, and free tool that website owners should consider integrating into the site.
Interested in integrating your site with Google? Contact us here.